Thursday, March 8, 2012

Every Day Moments



Josh grew in stature last Saturday.   After a Wild Ones Ranch meeting he got Rompe out to do some ground work and a short ride.   Rompe decided to be a real Wild One and not cooperate with Josh.   Jeannie coached Josh, Erik, Sarah and Laura through a respect lesson; which I missed because I ran into Junction to get some sandwiches.  Josh had to send Rompe away and let him run until he was ready to pay attention, canter around him and rejoin his herd.   It took quite awhile for two young boyos with determination to come to an agreement.     What I saw when I arrived was a tired, focused three year old and a tired, quietly confident, walking a little taller 11 3/4 year old.   What great lessons they are learning together and what a Blessing the loving, patient, instruction of Miss Jeannie is to us.   It was "one of the best days ever"  according to Master Josh and I couldn't agree more!

No comments:

Post a Comment